LocavOregon celebrates local food, wine, and travel in the Pacific Northwest.
Wendy Bumgardner is native to Northwest Oregon. She grew up in the farming area of Verboort, Oregon and picked strawberries, marionberries, pole beans and cucumbers all summer for profit from the age of six.
After graduating from the University of Portland as a Life Sciences/Medical Technology Bachelor of Science, she worked in health care in the Portland area for 33 years before retiring from the day job to continue as a full-time writer.
- Writing Portfolio: Examples of recent articles on travel, food and walking.
- LocavOregon.com: Covering local foods and travel in the Pacific Northwest, with some jaunts abroad.
- Walking Expert at About.com: Wendy Bumgardner has been the walking editor/expert since 1996. Walking.about.com shows you how to walk for fitness, weight loss, sightseeing and touring.
- Portland Sustainable Foods Examiner: Wendy Bumgardner reports on sustainable food, craft food, local wine and beer, and the restaurants and chefs in Portland who turn local produce into amazing cuisine.
- Locavoregon Facebook Page
- Locavoregon Twitter
- Locavoregon Instagram
- Email to walking at teleport.com